I know I’m biased, being Australian and all, but I really do think Aussie authors produce some of the best stuff in Young Adult literature. Here are my top ten — a lot of these were released this year, but I finally got around to reading some oldies that have been on my to-read list for a long time.
10. Hate is Such a Strong Word by Sarah Ayoub
9. Steal My Sunshine by Emily Gale
8. Girl Defective by Simone Howell
7. The Whole of My World by Nicole Hayes
6. Feeling Sorry for Celia by Jaclyn Moriarty
5. Ice Age by Kirsten Reed
*This was on the YA shelf in the library, but I think Text consider it adult fiction.
4. Wildlife by Fiona Wood
3. The Sky So Heavy by Claire Zorn
2. Stolen: A letter to my captor by Lucy Christopher
1. Haze by Paula Weston